After a great run today (4 mile intervals + weights), I met up with my SuperParents and SuperSissy for lunch. My SuperParents brought me a little gift - this fun mixing bowl.
Isn't it cute?
I love to bake and am becoming more fond of cooking since having a family and feeling a responsibility to ensure that they are well-fed and all. I'm sure this lil bowl will see plenty of mixing action!
First up: a protein-packed side dish/snack/school lunch extra that I've been meaning to make for months. It's a knock-off from the cafe at my gym.
I'm not sure on the proportions, but I know the ingredients are simple and delicious:
- Spinach 2. Sun-dried Tomatoes 3. Garbanzo Beans
There may be some lemon juice in there somewhere, but I'm not sure. I tried to replicate it and this is what I got: YUM-O!
Note to local friends: I made entirely too much, so please watch your front porches for your sample :)
Over the past month, I've worked to incorporate MUCH more protein into my diet than before and adding these little garbanzo beans is another great way to sneak it in. I've found I'm much more satisfied after I eat and have a consistent, solid energy base too.
Mixing up my diet and trying new things have made a big difference too!So, I'm going to keep it up. My only disappointment is that I can't find a way to reconcile two of my favorite treats into my diet more. Oh, dark chocolate and Mic Ultra, I miss you.
In the month I've been keeping myself accountable by blogging about my health & wellness, I've mixed up my food and exercise routine and am pretty happy with my results. Among them:
- Logged 128 swim/bike/run miles
- Increased planking from 30 seconds to 80 seconds
- Increased treadmill incline from 0% to 2% (at least for 800 meter interval)
- Ran a 26:51 5k - not a PR but a benchmark to know how far off I AM from my PR
- Swam 1 mile in under 40 minutes
- Buttoned a pair of pants I couldn't button last month. (darn those 'knock you naked' brownies!)
- 1 of 3 sets of push-ups are now knee-less
- Successfully integrated vitamins and supplements to my day
- I'm SLEEPING MORE! (sorry Jimmy Fallon, you're too late for me)
- I've met SO many inspiring, encouraging and motivating fitness friends.
Woo-hoo! That's pretty darn good for 31 days, I think!
- How has the first month of the year been FOR YOU??
- What accomplishments how you made in January?
- What are you working toward in February?
- What are your favorite protein-packed snacks/meals/treats?
|Me & SuperMom|
|SuperDad & SuperSissy|